[fpc-devel] stabs on Mac / relocation issue?

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Thu Oct 13 10:37:38 CEST 2011

On 13 Oct 2011, at 10:17, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:

> Then maybe the default debug info created by -g on Mac should be
> dwarf2? dwarf2 works correctly in my tests.

Yes, I agree it's about time to change that (along with making -
godwarfsets the default). It requires at least the latest gdb from Mac
OS X 10.5 to work correctly, but that should be no problem anymore.

> Is there a table somewhere about which debug info types are default in
> each operating system?

No, and such table will not be made because it's an implementation
detail. If you require a particular debug information format, specify
it. Anything else will break as soon as the default is changed from
one compiler version to another.

Jonas