[fpc-devel] utf-8 package in Free Pascal

Paul Ishenin webpirat at mail.ru
Mon Oct 3 15:49:33 CEST 2011

03.10.2011 21:32, Alexander Klenin wrote:
> I'd say there is a continuum between those extremes, and (unfortunately)
> from my point of vew, FPC review is sometimes rather close to the former.
> I have been burned by this myself.
When?
> Anyway, what I suggest is IMO a good compromise and should satisfy both sides --
> Felipe can continue development of his packages unobstucted,
> while the quality of FPC will not suffer.
As I remember there is a package "lnet" which can be somehow installed
via internet. I don't remember the details but I believe I've seen this
a half year ago or so. Why fpspreadsheet and fpverctorial together with
new utf8 package can't be follow this way of distributing?

Those users who need them can install then using some fp package install
utility.

I also don't see the big need for hosting the majority of FPC packages
in the FPC svn repository. Why not to leave there only the basic things
like windows, osx, gtk and other platform packages and to remove
everything else outside?

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin.