[fpc-devel] utf-8 package in Free Pascal

Alexander Klenin klenin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 15:32:43 CEST 2011

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 22:40, Florian Klämpfl <florian at freepascal.org> wrote:
> Am 03.10.2011 13:23, schrieb Alexander Klenin:
>>
>> This way, you can develop much faster, without the need to fight for
>> your changes,
>
> Others call this fighting "review" and consider it as important part to
> improve software quality.

I'd say there is a continuum between those extremes, and (unfortunately)
from my point of vew, FPC review is sometimes rather close to the former.
I have been burned by this myself.

Anyway, what I suggest is IMO a good compromise and should satisfy both sides --
Felipe can continue development of his packages unobstucted,
while the quality of FPC will not suffer.

I do not really see any downsides -- perhaps there is a section of users
who use FPSpreadsheet and NOT use Lazarus, but I suspect
this section is very small.

--
Alexander S. Klenin