[fpc-devel] utf-8 package in Free Pascal

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 12:20:05 CEST 2011

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 11:41 AM,  <michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be> wrote:
> Please do not include this package yet.

I'd rather find a consensus on this now then to postpone yet again. I
have patches to merge about this and I have some time now which is
something which can disappear at any moment.

> So I suggest you wait till the dust settles around the new string type, and
> then check
> a) what is still needed. Maybe we will have solved it for you.

I am 100% sure that it will not solve my problems.

> b) whether it should not be put in the RTL instead of a separate package.

Wasn't this rejected a short while ago?

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho