[fpc-devel] New Windows gdb-binary

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Sun Oct 2 15:05:17 CEST 2011

On Sat, 2011-10-01 at 09:08 +0200, Joost van der Sluis wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-10-01 at 01:05 +0100, Martin wrote:

> > > It crashes when -Xe (external linker) was used. Also crashes with
> > > stabs...
> > >
> > > I am not 100% sure, but it appears to choke on
> > > -data-evaluate-expression FPC_THREADVAR_RELOCATE_PROC
> >
> > Ok, seems to have big issues with strings in fields.
>
> Ow, man.. That's probably difficult again. While evaluating values, it
> does not 'recurse' into the structure, but uses all kinds of
> work-arounds. (For example: an array of strings wasn't working either)

It was easier then I thought. The recursive calls were ok, but you did a
'ptype class.stringprop'. But when evaluating the type, there was
object-address set (which is logical)

New version:
http://www.lazarussupport.com/gdb_lazarssupport_20111002.zip

There are more things that we need to discuss, though.

For example, when I want to evaluate 'object.stringprop', Lazarus issues
a '-data-evaluate-expression object.stringprop^', which obviously won't
work with that '^' in the end.

Something similar when a method is called (from within the evaluation
window). Lazarus does 'ptype object.method()'. That doesn't work (could
be fixable, though) while calling '-data-evaluate-expression
object.stringprop()' directly will work.

Joost.