[fpc-devel] FPDoc projects future

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Wed Nov 30 12:45:21 CET 2011

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be schrieb:

> It seems to me you are reading too much in fpdoc. fpdoc takes some input
> files and produces output. No more, no less.
>
> All the questions you ask have more to do with 'how do I organize my
> work with fpdoc' rather than with 'how should fpdoc function'.

You should understand the problems of Windows users. Until now they
cannot produce local documentation, due to several bugs in the
Makefiles, fpdoc and related tools. This is a bad situation for
documentation writers, which cannot test their work thoroughly.

That's why I see a big improvement in ready-made fpdoc projects, which
do not depend on Makefiles and other scripts or tools. It's not really
hard to update an XML file in any editor, to supply e.g. missing include
files; the same requires many more skills, when a Makefile has to be edited.

When in the next release we can provide fpdoc projects for the RTL, FCL
and LCL documentation, then the users will need some documentation about
creating local or customized documentation. As you may see from my many
questions, using fpdoc is not really easy, right now :-(

DoDi