[fpc-devel] FPDoc improvements

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 11:53:38 CET 2011

On 29/11/2011, Hans-Peter Diettrich <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:

> A "make -n rtl.chk > test.txt" succeeded, at least. Now I suspect some
> Windows or RTL commandline limitations, which seem to truncate the long
> command lines created by the scripts (4890 chars for rtl.chk).

Does this limitation apply when using TProcess under Windows as well?
Truncating a command line.

If not, why not remove the Makefile idea completely, and simply create
a console application that calls the appropriate applications with the
correct parameters. I have removed all make files and scripts from
some of our projects (and for the generation of fpGUI or LCL docs into
INF or HTML), and replaced them with simple command line programs that
can be compiled from:  fpc somecoolutitility.pas

You then have TProcess, the whole RTL and FCL at your disposal. MUCH
more powerful than scripts or makefiles.

  - Graeme -