[fpc-devel] Exception handling differences with Delphi

Paul Ishenin paul.ishenin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 14:47:08 CET 2011

24.11.11 21:59, Sergei Gorelkin пишет:

> 1) Delphi uses EZeroDivide for floating-point division by zero, while
> FPC uses EDivByZero (the same exception class is used for integer
> division by zero). Should it be fixed?
> 2) Delphi uses EUnderflow for floating-point underflow condition, while
> FPC uses EOverflow. Should it be fixed?

Noticed that before too when ported my delphi code. I vote yes for both
- it will simplify the porting.

It is better to handle paticular exception types in the user code than
generic Exception class and therefore such differences may cause a
malfunction of the application.

Btw, this article may be very useful for the task you are doing:
http://www.delphikingdom.ru/asp/viewitem.asp?catalogid=1392

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin