[fpc-devel] Alignment question

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sat Nov 19 12:14:27 CET 2011

On 19 Nov 2011, at 11:31, Sergei Gorelkin wrote:

> Is it possible to declare a (SSE friendly) record or array type, so that local variables of this type get aligned to e.g. 16 bytes?

I don't think so. For this, we'd probably need a separate vector type (possibly using a modifier for array types, or with a new keyword). All ABIs for architectures supporting vector processing also treat vectors as distinct types. Such functionality is also required to finish the high level code generator in the JVM branch for native targets (it has to be to distinguish vectors from arrays at the tdef level).

Jonas