[fpc-devel] rev 19036 breaks the Android cross-compiler

Thomas Schatzl tom_at_work at gmx.at
Tue Nov 15 21:50:08 CET 2011

Hi,

Am 15.11.2011 21:39, schrieb Sven Barth:
> On 15.11.2011 21:33, Thomas Schatzl wrote:
>>> But gcc considers it as arm-linux-eabi as well, no?
>>
>> No, it's a target called arm-android-eabi.
>>
>> $ ./arm-linux-androideabi-gcc -v
>> Using built-in specs.
>> Target: arm-linux-androideabi
>
> Hmm? I read "arm-linux" there with an ABI that's specific to
> Android...

My fault. I first googled for "arm-android-eabi", and there I got a gcc
patch from 2008 where it is still called that way
(http://old.nabble.com/-PATCH--ARM--Support-arm-android-eabi-td18160980.html).

I then thought of downloading the ndk and issuing that command, did
that, copy&pasted it into the email and immediately sent it without
looking :)

(that post:
http://old.nabble.com/-PATCH--ARM--Support-arm-android-eabi-td18160980.html)

At some point that changed for whatever reason.

Note that I do not think that this changes much, even worse, it means
we actually need a compiler target anyway because of different ABI to
normal linux. Additionally, as I already said once, bionic is very
likely the official OS interface, so we should use that like in OS X
(and syscalls are subject to change; need to check that).

Thomas