[fpc-devel] rev 19036 breaks the Android cross-compiler

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Tue Nov 15 15:55:54 CET 2011

On 15 Nov 2011, at 15:49, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 3:42 PM, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
> <felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com> wrote:
>> So if anything was broken before rev19036 it was after 19th January or
>> it requires something special to reproduce. So far I haven't found any
>> issues with libraries or even executables built with that
>> cross-compiler while running on Android.
>
> Looks like I was correct:
>
> http://svn.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=16981
>
> Nearly at 100% this change caused the break.

Before that change, argc/argv were simply not initialized in ARM shared libraries and hence were always 0. Maybe the difference is that earlier, you always got paramcount=0 and now you get a crash on Android. I would not call that a breaking change though, only another incompatibility of Android with regular Linux (which is their full right, since they don't advertise Linux-compatibility afaik).

Jonas