[fpc-devel] rev 19036 breaks the Android cross-compiler

Thomas Schatzl tom_at_work at gmx.at
Tue Nov 15 15:35:34 CET 2011

Hi,

On Tue, 2011-11-15 at 14:51 +0100, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 2:18 PM, Thomas Schatzl <tom_at_work at gmx.at> wrote:
> > But that's not the only thing about shared library startup that is
> > different of vanilla Linux to Android. E.g. second known issue is that
> > shared libraries do not get argc/argv/envp passed correctly to the
> > startup code.
>
> I already heard about this error before, is it also a breakage
> introduced in 2.7?
>
> Because I tested sysutils in my 2.5 cross-compiler and it works fine.

It's not a "breakage" introduced in 2.7. Please accept that the problem
exists since forever and it just coincidently works. There is a bug
report (18833) which exactly reports that for 2.5.1 too.

Maybe you're using an already partially patched crosscompiler. It should
be 100% reproducible on *any* fpc version when using the arm-linux
compiler for arm-android.
If it works, you are consistently really lucky.

Thomas