[fpc-devel] Problem with Now() and time changed by ntpd

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Wed Nov 2 17:46:07 CET 2011

Martin Schreiber wrote on Wed, 02 Nov 2011:

> On Wednesday 02 November 2011 17.13:49 Jonas Maebe wrote:
>
>> Just like all UTF-16 code in
>> the RTL is slower than what Martin Schreiber would like, and we didn't
>> change it to UCS-2 when he asked to do so for speed reasons.
>>
> ???
> I never asked this.

http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=10462 :) ("Please take into
account that this functions are called very often for sorting strings,
optimal performance is essential. I am not sure if the correct
handling of surrogate pairs, which probably not many FPC users really
need, is worth the loss on performance.")

Jonas