[fpc-devel] Stream bug fixes & refactoring - multiple tickets & patches or one?

Chad Berchek ad100 at vobarian.com
Wed May 25 04:37:14 CEST 2011

Hi all. This is my first message here.

I ran across some bugs working with TInputPipeStream. As I investigated
further, I found more and more bugs in various stream classes throughout
the RTL and FCL. I have fixed the ones I found and made some structural
modifications to help prevent such errors from happening again. I can
submit a patch. I also have code for test cases.

What I want to ask is: what is the best way to submit an issue to the
bug tracker and submit the patch for review? Would it be better to
create multiple tickets, one for each distinct bug, or just create one?
As for the patch, it would be best if I could keep it as one, since many
of the changes are interrelated and it wouldn't necessarily make sense
to make one particular change associated with one specific bug. But I
suppose I could also create one patch linked with multiple tickets.
There are probably a dozen distinct bugs, but many overlap. Please
advise me on how things are done here. Thanks.

Chad Berchek