[fpc-devel] Macro Processing

Joerg Schuelke joerg.schuelke at gmx.de
Mon May 16 15:30:58 CEST 2011

Am Mon, 16 May 2011 14:07:54 +0100
schrieb Martin <fpc at mfriebe.de>:

>    {$MyProc (Name) := procedure %Name%; begin}
>    {$Expand MyProc(Foo)} writeln(1); end;

Thats a point worth thinking about, but you say that it even can be done
today, do you think there is more harm extending the thing? Will think
about.

>    If the feature was really important, and would be used by many,and
>    make everyones live so much easier, then yes it is worth it

>    But if let me quote "the real use cases ... are rare", then is it
>    still worth the risk (Even if the risk is small.

Do you remember all the writeln for debugging purposes? Hours and
hours.
They are the true reason to incorporate // comments. (a theory of me)
This may be a sign that the need would be there, if there is the
possibility.

Regards
	Jörg