[fpc-devel] Macro Processing

Joerg Schuelke joerg.schuelke at gmx.de
Sat May 14 01:15:35 CEST 2011

Am Sat, 14 May 2011 00:36:17 +0200
schrieb Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be>:

> 1) the compiler automatically makes you keep them in sync, because
> adding/removing an element form the enumeration will cause a
> compilation error for the array if it's not updated
> 2) the array can actually be removed at some time in the future, because FPC can
> nowadays convert enumerations to their their name in string
> representation (via str(), write() and writestr()). There are still
> some bugs in this functionality in 2.4.x on some platforms though, so
> it can't be used yet in the compiler

2) This is the solution? Making the compiler to store somewhere a
string representation in my object file and then give it back to me if
I request it by str(enumerate)??? Thats so completely ... overhead,
with a cannon to shoot a sparrow. Since when has an enumeration such
kind of name, which lives outside compile time?

	Jörg