[fpc-devel] Macro Processing

Joerg Schuelke joerg.schuelke at gmx.de
Fri May 13 14:12:52 CEST 2011

Am Fri, 13 May 2011 12:11:06 +0200 (CEST)
schrieb Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>:

>  Compiler errors in macros are often confusing/misleading, because
> the user does not see the expanded code. Same for debugger positions
> and handling.
>
> Macros can confuse other parsers. For example the fcl parser or the
> ones in IDEs. Especially imported macros from other units and
> conditional macros are not supported.
>    Code editing functions in IDEs are mislead by macros especially
> conditional macros.

The first point is a reason for me to circumvent the use of macros
where ever I can. And I do so, I do not like them.

The second point will lead to a situation where you can do nothing on
the language without keeping in mind what the IDE will complain about.
Then integrating the compiler completely in the IDE and no standalone
compiler would be the solution.

I fear that.	Jörg