[fpc-devel] Macro Processing

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Fri May 13 13:52:44 CEST 2011

On 13 May 2011, at 13:43, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> If I had my way, I would remove the existing ones alltogether.
> The one use case they have in FPC sources could easily be remedied.

They were introduced for Mac Pascal compiler compatibility, and are
used quite regularly in that context via command line definitions such
as -dSomeMacro:=123

The Mac OS X universal interfaces would also need quite some rewriting
to remove all macro usage. While most could probably be changed into
either conditional defines or constants, I'm not certain whether that
would work for all of them.

Jonas