[fpc-devel] Declare variables inside the code

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Wed May 11 12:35:50 CEST 2011

kingbizugo at gmail.com schrieb:

> I don't see any disadvantage writting a code with /C-like with pascal
> keywords/, shortcuts are always welcome in order to code faster (also
> this is the objective of the High-Level Languages, isn't?). I like
> Pascal and I don't see why to resist against some improvements, the
> language gets richer and easier.

NACK

Everthing should be expressable in only one way, so that standard
patterns can be recognized easily when reading some code. Even if you
can #define "begin" and "end" in C, and use it instead of "{" and "}",
the resulting code will be unreadable.

It's a very bad idea to "think C, write Pascal", because such a
translation will fail for any number of subtle differences between C and
Pascal.

DoDi