[fpc-devel] Re: Can't compile at revision: 17417
joerg.schuelke at gmx.de
Tue May 10 16:55:29 CEST 2011
Am Tue, 10 May 2011 11:11:22 -0300
schrieb Marcos Douglas <md at delfire.net>:
> PS: BTW, what the difference (at least on Win) to use option "install"
> in 'make'?
Thats not windows related, make works the same way on all platforms.
The arguments for make are:
- options for make himself
- targets (which parts of code to build)
- variable definitions (which may modify the making of the targets)
There are some commonly used targets with self explaining names
- clean (tries to delete all during the build process generated files)
- all (builds all targets -if you have more than one-)
- install (installs the former build targets)
If you want to know more about how make works, look for documentation.
There is a lot of.
There is somewhere a doc about the fpc build process, google for "fpc
I think that is not development related, if you have more questions it
may be better to visit a forum or the general fpc-pascal mailing list.
More information about the fpc-devel