[fpc-devel] fppkg question

Darius Blaszyk dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl
Tue May 10 01:55:54 CEST 2011

Hi,

I've created a trivial front end for fppkg (see lazarus mailing list) but working on this I realized that they are not grouped in any way. Currently with approx. 70 packages this is not a real problem, but if the system will get used more widely it will be impossible to deduct the purpose (and possibly other info) from the package just by it's name.

Therefore I would like to request a new command named "info" that retrieves the info for a package from packages.xml. I would also like to add some more info in this file for a package:

- the topic that organizes the packages (FPC core / DB / buttons / charts / dialogs / etc)
- keywords to make it possible to search freely
- support contact (official / community)

See the following movie on youtube on a plugin system that has some of these features: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9yyJmh3dyU&feature=player_embedded

Are / were there any plans ever in this direction? Am I free to create a couple of patches?

Regards, Darius