[fpc-devel] Re-installing fpc

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Mar 14 12:51:46 CET 2011

On 03/14/2011 11:13 AM, Thomas Schatzl wrote:

> "make install"  requires fpcmake in the path,
I did copy it to /usr/bin from the old system. (I never updated this
file, could this be problematic ? )
> or invoking it manually as you did,
..unsuccessfully :(
> or put it into the FPCMAKE environment. I.e. "export
> FPCMAKE=/path/to/fpcmake".
supposedly not necessary as it can be found in /usr/bin

> Did you run "fpcmake -R -Tall" in the source directory? (-R means
> recursively dive into subdirectories and -Tall means for all targets)
No.

So I did

fpcmake -r -Tall

And this seemed to recreate all make files.

But I still get

Makefile:199: *** The Makefile doesn't support target can't-executed,,
please run fpcmake first.  Stop.

when I do

make install INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr

Thanks,