[fpc-devel] old fpmake files

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Sun Jul 17 17:46:41 CEST 2011

On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 12:16 PM, Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be> wrote:

> On 17 Jul 2011, at 16:43, Marcos Douglas wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 6:48 AM, Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be> wrote:
>>>
>>> To be safe, you should always make distclean before updating from svn (even without fpmake, since directories or units may get moved, which then won't be cleaned anymore after the update).
>>
>> I never used distclean before updating from SVN and a never got problems.
>
> Then you got lucky (just like people can get lucky for a long time by compiling svn trunk with previous svn trunk compilers instead of starting with the latest release). Your checkout will however probably contain a lot of outdated compiled units and directories that have been removed from svn (but which weren't deleted in your local copy because they still contained "units" directories).

I use fixes_2_4, not trunk. But what you said doesn't matter what
source we use, right?
I always used these scripts to compile:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Installing_Lazarus#Compiling.2Finstalling_FPC_and_Lazarus_from_Sources_of_SVN_.28Win32.29

The Tortoise deletes many files when I'm updating the sources. I
thought everything was working as it should.

I can use this command? make distclean clean all

Marcos Douglas