[fpc-devel] convert comment help to fpcdoc

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sun Jul 17 12:28:08 CEST 2011

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho schrieb:
> Since we are talking about help stuff, (in another thread)
>
> Do we have any tool to convert documentation written in javadoc style
> (those comments in the source code) to fpdoc xml? I like to write my
> documentation as comments...

I've been working on PasDoc for a while (PasDoc2), and ended up in
adding documentation in external files. But inline documentation makes
sense in the implementation section, which is not handled by PasDoc.

AFAIR Lazarus already extracts and shows comments as hints, so it should
be possible to e.g. extend makeskel accordingly. But updating existing
documentation is not easy, like any mix of doc sources. That's why I
added an visual updater to the PasDoc2 GUI, that allowed to view source
and documentation in sync, jump to the next un/documented identifier,
view inherited documentation etc.

DoDi