[fpc-devel] Getting fpc to work on Solaris (11)

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Tue Jul 12 15:00:48 CEST 2011

> Yes, but you can also do e.g.
>
> $ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mipsel-linux mipsel-linux-gnu
>
> and what I was wondering was whether the final portion of the
> parameter
> could, in some cases, "leak" into the binaries e.g. into ld's
> embedded
> script, resulting in the sort of problem that Joost reported:
>
>  >>>>> At first it did not work. I've edited the file,
> changed the  >>>>> output-format in the script from
> 'elf32-i386-sol2' to 'elf32-i386'  >>>>> and now it works.

I sent the solaris 10 default script to Joost to replace his corrupt/bugged
internal ld script. elf32-i386-sol2 is the format used in solaris 10.
Solaris 11 uses elf32-i386. That is why he had to edit the solaris 10 script
to get a working binary from ld on 11. The ld -T option tells the linker to
not use the internal script but the script provided.
IIRC Joost installed the binutils binary package.

Ludo

Ludo