[fpc-devel] Safely shareable objects

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Fri Jul 1 17:49:34 CEST 2011

Michael Schnell schrieb:

> Thinking about that for just a few minutes I have not been able to come
> up with a definition of where exactly the compiler is supposed to
> increment/decrement the thread-reference-count. Can you ?

My intention was to just use *existing* refcounting procedures, whose
functionality and implementation is known both useful and correct. They
only had to be applied to a new object (sub)type, in addition to Interfaces.

Also reference counting occurs by object, not by thread. Thread blocking
is handled by the related critical section, and consequently deserve no ads.

DoDi