[fpc-devel] Status report for "class helpers"

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 30 10:04:11 CET 2011

On 30.01.2011 09:55, Paul Ishenin wrote:
> 30.01.2011 15:45, Sven Barth wrote:
>> Imo it works much better now.
>>
>> Only one minute slower in the complete run instead of four. I let you
>> guys decide whether this is good enough ^^
> 2m22.980s -
> 2m15.362s =
> 0m7.xxxs - were is a minute?

That was two runs of the same compiler. I've run it twice, to be sure
that the workload of the PC doesn't influence the result to much.

The timing of the compiler without class helper search is the one in the
older mail:

> Run 1:
> real    1m7.982s
> user    0m46.024s
> sys    0m4.390s
>
> Run 2:
> real    1m8.619s
> user    0m46.104s
> sys    0m4.513s
>
> Run 3:
> real    1m10.078s
> user    0m46.290s
> sys    0m4.333s

>> How often is the compiler compiled completly during a make cycle?
> 3 times.

The first run is done by the starting compiler, right (2.4.2 in my
case)? So this would mean that roughly half a minute is added by the
2.5.1 compilers using the class helper search (I'll need to verify this
assumption of course).

Regards,
Sven