[fpc-devel] Status report for "class helpers"

Paul Ishenin webpirat at mail.ru
Sat Jan 29 18:08:58 CET 2011

29.01.2011 23:58, Sven Barth wrote:
> This is one of those moments where I need to restrain myself to not
> swear for the whole world to hear...
>
> *sigh*
I had the same feeling when I found that generics are stored as TFoo<,>
in the delphy symtable and therefore it is possible to have TFoo,
TFoo<T>, TFoo<T1,T2>, TFoo<T1,T2,T3> types in the same unit :)
> Does the nested class helper adhere to visibility rules? E.g. if you
> make it "strict private" or "strict protected" does it still work? Or
> if you put the class in another unit and lower the visibility
> somewhere below public? (I can't test now, because I have Delphi only
> at work)

For some reason the visibility is completely ignored here. I can add a
class helper to the strict private or even move it to another unit - it
is always visible.

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin