[fpc-devel] FPC for Linux-ARM

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk
Tue Jan 18 16:54:04 CET 2011

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 12:44 PM, Mark Morgan Lloyd
> <markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:
>> Have you checked with the -vt option to see what the compiler is trying to
>> load?
>
> Thanks, indeed, it seams that something changed in the code to search
> for the binutils and I had to update my .fpc.cfg, thanks.

For what it's worth, I now use -vt as standard and it turned out to be
particularly useful last week when I was fiddling with Solaris since in
some cases there are /three/ copies of some utilities: Sun, Berkeley and
GNU.

However I usually filter the output through a Perl script, this discards
excessive "noise" and ends up saving the compilation command plus a full
cross-reference of what was found where.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk