[fpc-devel] Re: FPC for Linux-ARM

Schindler Karl-Michael karl-michael.schindler at physik.uni-halle.de
Tue Jan 18 13:25:27 CET 2011

Hi,

My 2 cents.
1) bintutils:
I created a number of fink packages with crosscompilers on Mac OS X, including one for arm-linux. When doing so, informations about building crossbinutils would have been very helpful. Although arm-linux seems to be fairly straight forward, please document the configure options for building the cross binutils.
2) Cross compilers on Mac OS X
In particular with a working version on linux, it is straight forward for me to setup a fink package (fink works similar to synaptic on linux), which does the whole job of installing a crosscompiler on Mac OS X from the sources of the release version of fpc, i.e. 2.4.2 at the moment, with one command (for example: fink install fpc-cross-arm-linux) or even simpler through a GUI. This includes the dependance on the binutils created from current release sources. Therefore, you can add respective hints/documentation about Mac OS X as host platform on any page about crosscompiling for arm-linux.