Bug dwarf3 / fpc / gdb Re: dwarf3 and others too [Re: [fpc-devel] Dwarf3 and the encoding of classes]

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Fri Jan 14 23:11:18 CET 2011

On Fri, 2011-01-14 at 18:47 +0000, Martin wrote:
> On 11/01/2011 09:28, Joost van der Sluis wrote:
> >
> > Same for variants and the enumerations. Your input is valuable, though.
> > Maybe better to open bug-reports for the variants and enumerations. So
> > it won't be forgotten.
> I' ll be happy to open reports, I wasn't sure, since I can not tell if
> an issue is fpc or gdb....

The problem is now that debug-problems aren't reported and no-one feels
responsible for them because it could be that it's someone elses
problem.

Just report them, I (we) can always look if it is a gdb or fpc issue.
And ask on the gdb lists for help.

It's not as if you just add bugs to the bug-tracker, without any
investigation or background-info. ;)

> More:
> array types, but similar for strings
>
>    type
>      TDynIntArray = Array of Integer;
>      TStatIntArray = Array [5..9] of Integer;
>    var
>      VarDynIntArray: TDynIntArray;   // named type
>      VarDynIntArrayA: Array of Integer;    // "anonymous" type => hence
> the "A" postfix of the var-name
>      VarStatIntArray: TStatIntArray;
>      VarStatIntArrayA: Array [5..9] of Integer;
>
> **** dynamic arrays

Are fully implemented in Dwarf-3 and the gdb I've send. I don't think it
is a good spending of my time to let the Dwarf-2 info give nice messages
that it won't work. ;)

It works with some luck in some cases. I don't think I'll spend time on
that. But please open a bug-report. Maybe I or someone else will.

Joost.