[fpc-devel] Dwarf3 and the encoding of classes

Martin fpc at mfriebe.de
Wed Jan 12 12:23:27 CET 2011

On 12/01/2011 10:39, Joost van der Sluis wrote:
>>> I coudn't reproduce, but I had some local changes.
>>> +      ExecuteCommand('-gdb-set case-sensitive off', []);
>> IT could be this line =>  but with it, all my other gdb versions start
>> failing =>  including the one I use to run the testcase (the one I have
>> configured in lazarus / 7.2-1)
> That is bad news, because it seems like it that the
> final-case-sensitivity solution will be that the case-sensitive flag is
> used to control the behavior. But that will then break backwards
> compatibility...

The IDE can make decisions based on GDB version. So if it gets fixed
cross platform, and I know the version...

Btw, I am still trying to figure out, I've seen 3 diff notations of
version 5.2.1-1  / 7.0.50  / 7.2-50
So I can interpret either as:
   Version . SubVersion [ . MinorVersion ] [ - patchlvl ]
Or
   Version . SubVersion ( . | - ) patchlvl  # and discard -1 in 5.2.1.-1

Alternatively, gdb could output some info somewhere, e.g in the version
string....

Martin