[fpc-devel] Re: RFC: Delphi style class helperst

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 7 12:06:28 CET 2011

Am 07.01.2011 12:03, schrieb Marco van de Voort:
> In our previous episode, Sven Barth said:
>>> tchlp35.dpr(7) Error: E2137 Method 'VirtualTest' not found in base class
>>> tchlp35.dpr(20) Error: E2003 Undeclared identifier: 'Test'
>>> tchlp35.dpr(25)
>>>
>>> uchlp36 compiles without warnings
>>
>> Oops. I forgot to add a "uses uchlp35" to tchlp35. Can you retest with
>> that change, please?
>
> Then it compiles, no warnings.

Thank you, too.

Now I know that overriding virtual methods in a class helper is of no
use (which was expected a bit after the example Jonas gave the last time).

So... should "virtual", "dynamic" and "override" be forbidden in mode
objfpc in class helpers?

Regards,
Sven