[fpc-devel] Building a zip installer for cross-arm-linux

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 09:24:55 CET 2011

Hello,

This is a continuation of the previous thread. In short, I am still
trying to create a x86-linux -> arm-linux pre-compiled package.

Ok, so now I tryed following suggestions with this command:

make clean crossall crosszipinstall CPU_TARGET=arm OS_TARGET=linux
NOWPOCYCLE=1 OPT="-dFPC_ARMEL" CROSSOPT="-CfSOFT"
BINUTILSPREFIX=arm-linux-

The binutils were installed with an RPM package, so they are on
/usr/bin and I did the trick to substitute arm-linux-as with a
shellscript which passes the mebi expected.

But the generated package has no executables! =o This command creates
a tar.gz with two directories inside it:

bin -> empty
lib -> full with .o files

Some questions:

1> Any ideas why it creates an empty bin directory instead of putting
there ppcarm?

2> What is NOWPOCYCLE=1 ?

3> What is CROSSOPT="-CfSOFT" ? This looks the same as OPT="-dFPC_ARMEL" ?

thanks,
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho