[fpc-devel] Paramstr trailing spaces, bug or not?

Pierre Free Pascal pierre at freepascal.org
Sat Dec 24 15:52:56 CET 2011

I don't think that its buggy behavior,
windows make, be it cygwin, mingw32 (and   probably also msys)
do expect only forward slashes for directory separators
and always handles backward slashes as escapes.

  Using forward slashes for all parameters of a make call should
avoid the problem...
  If you really wanted backward slashes, then, simply use escaped backslashes,
i.e. two in a row,
make install PREFIX=c:\\lazarus\\fpc\\2.7.1\\

Pierre