[fpc-devel] Stack alignment on i386

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Tue Dec 20 10:34:26 CET 2011

On Tuesday 20 of December 2011 09:52:20 Sven Barth wrote:
> Am 19.12.2011 10:02, schrieb Den Jean:
> > On Monday 19 December 2011 08:04:30 zeljko wrote:
> >> How ?
> >
> > The binding now aligns the stack before calling the Qt libraries
>
> Would you please post an example how exactly you aligned the stack?
He added -mincoming-stack-boundary into
-mstackrealign -mincoming-stack-boundary=2

I've tested it yesterday with various gcc versions from various distributions
(gcc 4.5.1, 4.5.2, 4.6.1).
At first time Den added only -mstackrealign and that helped at that time with
that gcc version (4.4.SOMETHING or 4.5.0), but decent versions crashes at
various places. With mincoming-stack-boundary qt bindings doesn't crash
anymore.

zeljko