[fpc-devel] Determin file size - how?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 14:13:36 CET 2011

On 19 December 2011 12:51, Marco van de Voort  wrote:
> The Windows CHM system supports something like that, but it is not under
> full control of the user. It is more that the CHM can open multiple windows
> for e.g. special indexes.

I've never seen this in CHM help files, but I have seen it in HLP help
files (Delphi 7 and Kylix 3's HLP files did that). In Borland's case,
they placed Categories (eg: file management routines) in a separate
window that stayed open.

> From past discussions with Graeme, I remember that he also responded that
> INF has some windowing functionality.

Correct. Multiple windows and customizable toolbar buttons are
supported in the INF format - but to date DocView doesn't support that
functionality. It should be added as soon as fpGUI's MDI support
stabilises.

  - Graeme -