[fpc-devel] Determin file size - how?y

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 10:16:24 CET 2011

On 16 December 2011 14:51, Marco van de Voort wrote:

> They are roughly from the same period, and nearly equivalent in any way.

Not even close, but that is a debate best left for another time.

> And because the format isn't dead.

Didn't Microsoft drop CHM format too? ;-)  Anyway, INF is far from
dead - in fact it is making a comeback with fpGUI. :) Also eComStation
still exists, OS/2 installs still exist, and fpGUI based projects all
use INF too. Dead is only if _nobody_ uses it any more - INF is far
from that. I'm already working on a Object Pascal implemented INF
compiler (though a open-source C++ version already exists), and
extensions to the INF format.

[No need for a response from you, I just wanted to correct your false
statement.]

  - Graeme -