[fpc-devel] Determin file size - how?y

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 10:08:10 CET 2011

On 16 December 2011 14:25, Michael Schnell wrote:
> On 12/16/2011 12:42 PM, Marco van de Voort wrote:
>>
>> It's fine, but like most built-in engines it is not google.
>
> Can it do "and" and "or"  and search for multi word strings ?
>
> (In fact I don't know wheter DocView can do these...)

Yes, DocView supports many search term formats...

  "my phrase"     - Will seach for that exact phrase
  my phrase       - will search for any of those two words.
  my +phare   - will search for a topic that contains both works (not
necessarly next to each other)
  my -phrase   - will searchfor a topic that contains 'my', but not 'phrase'

DocView also has a rating system - to indicate how exact / close the
patch was. DocView also searches for variations of words if an exact
phrase was not specified.

Example:
Here is the DocView search result for 'file +handling' using the RTL.INF file.

   http://opensoft.homeip.net:8080/~graemeg/docview_search_result.png

Typing the two works 'file handling'  (without any quotes) in the
Index tab search field, would also have found the "file handling
routines" help topic.

  - Graeme -