[fpc-devel] MakeSkel etc. programs

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Thu Dec 15 04:15:11 CET 2011

Michael Van Canneyt schrieb:

>> Now I'll try to further extend MkSkel by using FPDoc projects, so that
>> the correct input specifications are used, including all compiler
>> options. Then it will be easy to check the RTL and other packages for
>> updates, and to create the skeletons for all contained units :-)
>
> If you do so, and intend to provide a patch, please keep the patch
> clean. All your other patches were mostly unusable because of all the
> 'noise' in them, forcing me to re-implement almost from scratch whatever
> you did.

If you are interested in a --project option for MakeSkel, we should
agree about the handling of the project settings. In FPDoc a class
TFPDocPackage holds the options, while MakeSkel uses global variables
for essentially the same options. Also their options differ:
--show-private, --disable-private (keep separate?).

As long as only the Inputs and Descriptions are affected, only
MakeSkel.InitOptions and FreeOptions deserve modifications, to use the
fields in TFPDocPackage. If you want to update MakeSkel accordingly
(option and code to read an project file), I can add the rest.

IMO the --update option of MakeSkel should be handled differently from
the normal procedure. At least I find it nasty to have the changes for
*all* units of a package in an single XML file (--output), with no
indication which units really are affected. But this is fully optional,
I implemented the splitted output (into upd.<unit>.xml) in mkskel, the
remaining code is not affected.

DoDi