[fpc-devel] Makeskel errors on Windows

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Fri Dec 9 14:07:22 CET 2011

Michael Van Canneyt schrieb:

> And as long as it is not 100% documented, it will not be added.
> In other words, the windows unit will probably never make it in the
> official docs.

At least TSystemTime is declared there, used in GetLocalTime (Win32
platform). Dunno about other types or constants, used in other Win32 RTL
and FCL units (winsocks...).

> I do not think it makes any sense to do so anyway. The windows API is
> best documented on MSDN; You'd be far better off finding a system that
> links to MSDN as soon as F1 is pressed on a windows unit identifier.
> Empty documentation is of no use to anyone.

Type declarations and constants are useful even without detailed
documentation. When I started to document the LCL, I found many (Delphi)
functions based on the WinAPI, so that some documentation is required
anyhow.

I agree that a description of the full WinAPI can be omitted from the
general RTL/FCL documentation, but the used (linked) items should be
documented.

DoDi