[fpc-devel] NowUTC in the RTL

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Fri Dec 9 13:20:51 CET 2011

In our previous episode, Michael Van Canneyt said:

> what does that have to do with the issue ?
>
> The linux kernel returns UTC time, it always has. Now() converts this to local time.
> (as does libc). All NowUTC needs to do is return the kernel time.

Could be. I thought that was the old situation, but assumed now that
timezone is an userland thing, it returned the HW clock. But I assume it
needs some form of timezone too for certain protocols.

So who maintains the difference between hardware clock and UTC for the
kernel's benefit then, and where is that maintained?