[fpc-devel] Errors with make rtl.chk on Windows

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Mon Dec 5 09:19:17 CET 2011

In our previous episode, Michael Van Canneyt said:
> > nobody else's ideas count any more from that point on. Core developer
> > has spoken! :-(  One has to love the way the FPC team works.
>
> Unfortunately, Graeme, you are mistaken in your facts.
>
> The fpdoc project file support already exists since almost a year (rev r16711).
> It was discussed way before that in the FPC team (Marco will back me up on this).

Check, Michael and I discussed, and he said he would do it.

But the discussion was triggered by Hans-Peter. Somewhere in spring he was
also messing with docs on windows and there were some examples of the
unix-centricity of the fpcdocs setup.

Some things in the latex parts were fixed (but there is still a bit of
shellscript somewhere).  Wrt the fpdoc docs, I did some tests too, which
lead us to conclude the long cmdlines had to go long term.

For the other (scripting) related bits I hoped on fpmake, which I hoped had
progressed outside packages/ by now :_)