[fpc-devel] Errors with make rtl.chk on Windows

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sun Dec 4 23:12:28 CET 2011

On Sun, 4 Dec 2011, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> On 4 December 2011 21:55, Michael Van Canneyt  wrote:
>>> doubt it will make it into fpdoc. Core developers always trump mere
>>> contributors like us. ;-)
>>
>> We simply have a vision and try to remain true to it.
>> Ideas corresponding to this vision will make it. Others not.
>

> Hardly any time was given to discuss options and alternatives, pros
> and cons etc. You simply stated in one message you wanted a project
> file for fpdoc, then boom,  the project file idea was implemented -
> nobody else's ideas count any more from that point on. Core developer
> has spoken! :-(  One has to love the way the FPC team works.

Unfortunately, Graeme, you are mistaken in your facts.

The fpdoc project file support already exists since almost a year (rev r16711).
It was discussed way before that in the FPC team (Marco will back me up on this).
There was even a bug tracker item for it in the meantime, half a year ago.
You can examine the SVN log files if you do not take my word.

All I did now was add some options for its manipulation,
based on the problems Hans was experiencing when he tried
to build the FPC docs.

Michael.