[fpc-devel] Errors with make rtl.chk on Windows

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 19:43:07 CET 2011

On 4 December 2011 16:17, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

> I thought about such a simplification, too, but you'll get some objections:

I believe I already have. ;-)

> How then do you want to document files for different platforms?
> (needs to supply different source and include directories)

Macros. Just like, how does the compiler find the same file, but for
different platforms. The concept of macros are well known and already
used in a lot of places. fpdoc will just be another use case.

> How to find the source files, when an XML file documents multiple modules?
> (I never saw such an case, but it's possible).

Based on my XML sample I posted a while back. The <unit> tag could
maybe be moved under the <module> tag. Or, looking at my original XML
sample, add a mapping (unit to module mapping) to the <unit> tag.

> The same for multiple XML files, documenting parts of an source file?

See previous paragraph.

> This solution has already been rejected by the core developers [no comment
> here :-],

Same here. Michael doesn't seem keep to my idea either, so I very much
doubt it will make it into fpdoc. Core developers always trump mere
contributors like us. ;-)

  - Graeme -