[fpc-devel] Errors with make rtl.chk on Windows

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 12:37:39 CET 2011

On 3 December 2011 18:42, Michael Van Canneyt  wrote:

> The former (the documenters) will normally work in Lazdoc or whatever tool
> that supplements the IDE, and the IDE knows where all relevant source files
> are.

Not everybody uses lazdoc! I know I don't. And last time I heard, you
told me you don't either.  There are much better tools out there to
edit XML file than lazdoc. lazdoc brings nothing "extra" or "special"
to the party. I find a simple programmer editor with code-templates
much more useful in editing fpGUI's API documentation, than lazdoc.

So as far as my use-case goes, I would find it much more convenient to
simply do Ctrl+Home (to jump to the beginning of the XML file) so I
can see what *.pas unit I am documenting. If that need ever arises.
Compare that to hunting down some totally separated project file
somewhere, to see what it might link the current xml file with.
Keeping related information / data together is a basic programming
principle. ;-)

  - Graeme -