[fpc-devel] Errors with make rtl.chk on Windows

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 12:28:31 CET 2011

On 3 December 2011 17:26, Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl> wrote:

> And the contents in the XML is _NOT_ dependent where exactly those files
> are, as long as fpdoc can find them.

Exactly my point. fpdoc cannot generate documentation without knowing
where the the *.xml _and_ *.pas files are. So currently we need to
keep telling fpdoc where both are. Why not combine both options into
one. Simply tell it where the xml file is, it knows where the *pas
file is that it describes. One less option to worry about, one less
parameter to pass to fpdoc.

Yes the project file does the same as I describe,  with one less
option.... the preview a single documentation file as mentioned
before. I guess with some effort that could be accomplished with the
project file too. But my point still remains, the xml means nothing
without the associated *.pas file - so I still think it seems logical
to keep those *very much related* pieces of information together. It's
not as if the documentation write would need to keep editing the unit
information anyway - it is information that hardly ever changes.

  - Graeme -