[fpc-devel] FPDoc sources

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 10:08:24 CEST 2011

On 31/08/2011, Marco van de Voort  wrote:
>> I beg to differ. Seeing the signature of a method, procedure, function
>> etc is valuable information to a developer.
>
> True. But that doesn't make it important to be in every fileformat.

I don't understand your statement about "every file format".  Do you
meant fpdoc output formats? If so, why would you want limited
information in one format, but not in another format?

> if you have an IDE that can't parse the source to get that info, you could
> develop a fairly simple fpdoc backend to generate a helper file for the IDE.

An interesting idea.

> No. You can also get it from the .xct's,

Yes, but the XCT files are generated by fpdoc as it parses the source code.

Can you tell fpdoc to not generate an XCT, and then you manually
create such a file from scratch using a text editor [which fpdoc can
use]?  Is so, the latter would be a huge waist of somebody's time.

  - Graeme -