[fpc-devel] FPDoc sources

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Tue Aug 30 20:57:34 CEST 2011

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be schrieb:

> Since the purpose of fpdoc is to document things from pascal source code,
> for me it follows that it must read the source code first.

This is the purpose of makeskel. Afterwards useful information has to be
added to all items, before finally meaningful documentation can be
generated.

> If it were any other way, we wouldn't need source code or XML, we could
> just
> use Open Office or Word, that would be equally useful.

Documentation of course needs a structure, and that structure is fully
contained in the xml files. There exists no need for adding further
information from the source code, that's more eye candy than essential
information.

DoDi