[fpc-devel] Generics in FPC have many problems

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 03:06:04 CEST 2011

Sven,

Tonight I tried to "make all" from your branch and wasn't able to build.
This is a the output I got:

http://pastebin.com/GQh5XA2w

I am guessing your build requires a working version of your fpc binary to
build itself.

Also, I wrote a few of pretty clean test cases in Delphi 2010 Today when I
had some downtime from my other work. I'd be interested in integrating them
"cleanly" into your tests and helping the fpc community any way I can.

Finally, I think I looked at your change log. I guess the last check in you
did was on July 16? I I reading that right?

r18005 | svenbarth | 2011-07-16 12:19:33 -0400 (Sat, 16 Jul 2011) | 1 line

Rebase to revision 18000
r18004 | svenbarth | 2011-07-16 10:13:56 -0400 (Sat, 16 Jul 2011) | 1 line

pexpr.pas, sub_expr: Added support for "as" and "is" operators if the right
hand side is an inline specialization (currently detected by the next token
being a "<"). This could potentially introduce some problems if the right
hand side isn't a specialization but a "<" comparison together with some
overloaded operators (I still need to find a case for such a problem)...